Detoxification is the entire process of eliminating a particular substance on which a person has become so dependent that it affects physiology. Detox Florida is one of the popular destinations for cleansing your blood and body. The detoxication process varies from anywhere between 3 days to 15 days depending on the drug abused and also the extent of use, the reliance of the person on the drug.
Toxins and Liver: The organ functions as the body’s primary filtration unit. It detoxifies the toxins and converts them into waste products. In addition, the liver provides enzymes for the digestion of food, cleanses the blood, and other important functions. The liver is important for the regulation of the body and maintaining the organ without too much stress in the form of toxins should be avoided.
Keeping your liver healthy
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess. The maximum limit for alcohol consumption is two to three drinks per day. This also varies from person to person. Avoid consuming excessive alcohol to prevent severe liver diseases such as jaundice and cirrhosis.
- The body mass index is very critical which must be in the range of 19-25. Anything excess than this normal range will lead to fatty liver disease. This can be avoided by eating a healthy, low-calorie diet and regular exercise.
- Illicit drug use will lead to hepatitis and can be fatal.
- Consult your family doctor for advice on weight gain and fatty liver.
- Obese people suffer from Non-alcoholic fatty liver where the liver is covered with excessive fat. This leads to the non-functioning of the liver and the onset of inflammation. The only way to treat non-alcoholic liver is to lose weight. Y
- The liver is the hero of all the organs for its relentless effort to keep us hale and healthy.
Detoxification at Home
It is extremely dangerous and infects deadly to self-detoxed at home. Detoxification has to be done under medical supervision as the withdrawal symptoms have to be monitored. If they are ignored, serious issues such as seizures and dehydration will be encountered.
Detoxification can be done in both inpatient and outpatient programs if the person cannot stay in the hospital, however, in either case, it must be under medical supervision. Also, people with severe addictions can be treated only as inpatients as they need 24 hours monitoring. Detox Florida is an option for specialized and personalized treatment for drug abuse.
The Detoxification Process
The process is different for each individual. Detoxification is an entirely personalized treatment and ca hence all patients cannot be treated in the same manner. It usually involves 3 steps:
a. Evaluation: The hospital first screen the patient’s health and mental condition. Then blood tests are done to measure the concentration of the drug in the patient’s blood. These two are very critical in determining the prognosis and treatment.
- Stabilization: The patient is treated with medical treatment and psychological counseling. The stabilization stage monitors the withdrawal symptoms and the patient is not harmed, The patients are treated with anti-addiction pills and slowly withdraw the abused drug.